The Administrative Assistant will work primarily in our shelter location and is responsible for providing customer service focused, efficient, and responsive administrative services to all team members of the Cathedral Center. This position is responsible for general administrative duties as well as supporting basic client needs.
All staff and volunteers at Cathedral Center are expected to communicate professionally and respectfully with vendors, guests, partners, donors, and co-workers. Hours are primarily Monday – Friday mornings from 10:00am-2:00pm. Additional evening and weekend hours may be required to meet the needs of the agency. This job is fast paced, and no two days are alike.
All Cathedral Center staff are expected to follow the COVID-19 policies put in place, such as temperature checks, testing weekly, and wearing a mask on shift.
- Welcome guests, clients, vendors, and donors. Provide/Ensure reception area coverage in a professional manner.
- Supervise and support reception volunteers as appropriate.
- Uphold a strict level of client, employee, and volunteer confidentiality.
- Support the Executive & HR Assistant in facilitating accounts payable and receivable.
- Attend and take minutes for internal meetings as requested.
- Answer the main agency phone and transfer calls/provide messages as needed.
- Process incoming mail daily, both client and business.
- Manage reservation calendars for meeting spaces and work with various program teams to ensure space is available when needed.
- Communicate clearly to staff the daily schedule of events and activities.
- Support the Guest Services Coordinator in managing the client in/out log and regularly conduct bag checks.
- Serve as primary coordinator of effective, consistent filing process.
- Assist with special projects as needed, including but not limited to scan and shred projects, filling envelopes, etc.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and promoting a culture of trust and support among all staff and volunteers.
- Maintain office supply inventory, ordering and verifies receipt of supplies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive & HR Assistant and/or Executive Director.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate for the Administrative Assistant position must be able to prioritize urgent deadlines, while remaining true to Cathedral Center’s mission to provide a safe environment for women and families, while working to end homelessness one life at a time. This candidate will have at least 2 years of post-secondary education. Excellent and effective communication skills are required.
- Must communicate professionally and pleasantly via phone and in person.
- Must be competent in EXCEL, Word, and other Microsoft office software.
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Ability to stop and start tasks quickly, and work comfortably and effectively with the public and diverse, vulnerable populations in a respectful and dignified manner.
- Essential that this candidate demonstrate compassion while understanding and adhering to policies specific to clear boundaries and confidentiality.
This position is open to all qualified internal and external candidates. Internal candidates must have reached six months of continuous employment at the time of application. Candidates must be able to sit, stand, stoop, and walk for extended periods of time and be able to lift fifteen pounds. All staff at the Cathedral Center are expected to work effectively both independently and in a team environment and to become familiar with and utilize a trauma-informed approach.
Candidates for all paid and volunteer positions at the Cathedral Center must have been separated from services here for at least one year. All candidates for paid and volunteer positions must be willing to have a background check conducted.
Please send cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to email@example.com