The Salvation Army Emergency Lodge provides a wide variety of services to those in need. Since 1979, the 120-bed Emergency Lodge, located at 1730 N 7th St. in Milwaukee, has provided emergency shelter to homeless individuals and families with children. More than 80% of residents successfully move from shelter to safe, affordable housing each year. If you want to help make a difference by serving your community and helping those in need, apply now!
As a member of the Emergency Lodge Management Team, the Case Management Supervisor provides oversight and leadership to the case management services at the Emergency Lodge. Provides case management services to eligible clients in which an individual’s needs are identified and the psychosocial, habilitative and medical services designed to meet those needs are located, coordinated and monitored in collaboration with other professional staff.
About the role:
- Supervises, monitors and evaluates the work performance of the case management staff. Conducts weekly staff meetings.
- Oversees case management services and coordinates efforts among all case management staff to ensure consistency in service delivery.
- Creates clear, open lines of communication between case managers, Emergency Lodge program staff and the Emergency Lodge Director.
- Provides training to all new case managers.
- Assists in the supervision of student interns.
- Regularly reviews case files to ensure quality of service standards are met.
- Investigates and resolves client complaints.
- Provides leadership and is an authority in case planning and community resources.
- Conducts casework interviews with clients, family members, service providers, employers and others to obtain information for formulating program/service eligibility and case status; generally within 72 hours of the client’s admission to the shelter.
- Identifies psychosocial, economic and physical needs of clients; assesses and reassesses client’s support systems, available community resources and other factors to plan, develop, and implement an appropriate service plan.
- Develops and implements a case plan that presents intervention strategies to meet client needs including alternative placement, job training, socialization, nursing services, legal and medical intervention and financial assistance according to State and federal regulatory guidelines and budget limitations.
- Refers clients to appropriate community medical, emotional, transitional and permanent housing programs, economic and social support organizations, job training programs, Protective Payee services, Children’s Center; advocates for or assists the client in obtaining such services.
- Prepares complete and accurate case notes; writes correspondence, reports and other written materials; may prepare statistical reports and summaries; inputs data into SIMS.
- Reviews all assigned cases on a scheduled basis to determine continuing need for services, and present in regular case review materials.
- Assists in transporting clients and advocating for them with public and private agencies.
- Attends and actively participates in meetings with other community family shelter providers on behalf of The Salvation Army Social Services.
Education: Master’s in Social Work or related field.
Certifications: Wisconsin State Social Work license preferred; valid Wisconsin Driver’s license with clearance to drive from The Salvation Army’s insurance carrier.
Experience: 3-4 years case work experience; management experience preferred.
Please use this link to apply on our career site.