The Salvation Army Emergency Lodge provides a wide variety of services to those in need. Since 1979, the 120-bed Emergency Lodge, located at 1730 N 7th St. in Milwaukee, has provided emergency shelter to homeless individuals and families with children. More than 80% of residents successfully move from shelter to safe, affordable housing each year. If you feel that you want to take part in the Salvation Army’s mission by preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human need in His name without discrimination at the Lodge, apply today!
The Case Manager II for Milwaukee, WI is offering a $1,000 sign on bonus
The Case Manager II assesses client needs, abilities and strengths; facilitates development of client case plans and monitoring to determine progress both individually and as a program.
About the role:
- Assess clients for needs and ability to move toward independence.
- Develop and maintain a case management plan for each client, which includes outcomes to evaluate, client responsibilities and accountability for all associated with the plan.
- Maintain a caseload of housing clients as assigned.
- Meet with clients to monitor progress regularly, including making home visits as needed. Maintain paper and electronic client records.
- Provide referrals to internal and community-based services through a holistic approach.
- Works with Social Services Department in arranging and conducting group meetings to provide educational opportunities for current program participants.
- Ensures housing services are maintained and properly recorded electronically to ensure monthly statistics are accurate.
- Assist with gathering data for funding purposes.
- Attend in-house committee meetings, community meetings, and boards as assigned by the supervisor.
- Responds to after-hours calls from the shelter and/or housing program for emergency issues.
Education: Bachelor’s in social work, human services, psychology, sociology, or criminal justice.
Experience: Three years social work experience. Management experience helpful.
Certifications: Valid Driver’s license with approval to drive from The Salvation Army’s insurance. Must obtain the Territorial Caseworker Certification within one year of hire.
Please use this link to apply on our career site.