The Salvation Army Cold Spring helps the community in many ways – by sharing God’s love, helping overcome poverty, providing housing, and helping cure hunger. We help overcome poverty through providing backpacks and school supplies as well as coats and winter accessories to children in Milwaukee. In addition, our emergency assistance program helps clients meet basic needs in emergency situations. We are a bilingual Corp looking to help our community! To make a difference, apply today! In addition, we help our community with employment assistance, meal assistance and shelter. To help make a difference, apply today!
The Client Engagement Specialist will provide basic support and guidance to clients seeking assistance with emergency needs, utilizing case management skills to guide them to greater sufficiency. Responsible for interviewing, evaluating, and administering appropriate aid to clients including connecting with referrals to other Salvation Army and/or community services.
About the role:
- Schedule, interview, and evaluate the needs of individuals and families to provide assessment and screening services for potential applicants for appropriate services, information and/or referrals. Identify and assist clients appropriate for and desiring long term case management through Pathway of Hope.
- Determine eligibility and provide service requested by the clients within a timely manner and based on available funding.
- Review with the clients their household income and expenses, and discuss developing a plan to manage monthly expenses.
- Listen and assess for other needs such as emotional and/or spiritual support and connect with Salvation Army and other community resources. Provide informational materials as needed.
- Attend and assist with other programs in order to connect with clients and route them to appropriate assistance.
- Develop and use working knowledge of community services and housing resources etc. to provide appropriate case management/referrals; provide referrals to other community resources as appropriate to access additional resources for clients to assist clients with their case plans and goal attainment.
- Participate in community agency meetings and cultivate professional relationships with those agencies/groups as assigned.
- Facilitate information exchange with other collaborating agencies.
- Document all client meetings, encounters, and transactions, as well as enter specific information into Client Management System assuring that accurate and timely records, reports, and statistics are maintained.
- Participate fully with Pathway of Hope team activities locally and divisionally.
Education: Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field.
Certifications: Valid Driver’s License with clearance to drive from The Salvation Army’s insurance carrier preferred. Must obtain the Territorial Caseworker Certification within 120 days of hire.
Experience: 2 years experience working within a social services agency or social work field
Or – Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities, Bilingual strongly preferred.
Please use this link to apply on our career site.