The Salvation Army Emergency Lodge provides a wide variety of services to those in need. Since 1979, the 120-bed Emergency Lodge, located at 1730 N 7th St. in Milwaukee, has provided emergency shelter to homeless individuals and families with children. More than 80% of residents successfully move from shelter to safe, affordable housing each year. If you want to help make a difference by serving your community and helping those in need, apply now!
The Family Case Manager for Milwaukee, WI is offering a $1,000 sign on bonus.
The Family Case Manager provides case management services to families referred by Coordinated Entry, including multigenerational, LGBTQ, two parents, and blended and single parent families. Identifies the practical, physical and psychosocial needs of each family member.
About the role:
- Manages a caseload of families (parents, children, extended family members)
- Accompanies families and assists in preparation for court hearings for Children’s Court, Municipal, and Milwaukee County.
- Attends school meetings, gives input and helps create IEP (Individualized Education Plan).
- Coordinates and contacts CPS (Child Protective Services) if needed to investigate abuse and neglect within families.
- Assists with reunification plans of families referred from CPS.
- Manages the social security income application process for individual adult and child family members by attending court hearings, completing applications and obtaining medical records.
- Completes interviews with clients (families), family members, service providers, employers and others to obtain information for formulating program/service eligibility and case status.
- Identifies psychosocial, economic and physical needs of family clients; assesses and reassesses client’s support systems, available community resources and other factors to plan, develop, and implement an appropriate service plan.
- Develops and implements a case plan that presents intervention strategies to meet client needs including alternative placement, job training, socialization, nursing services, legal and medical intervention and financial assistance according to State and federal regulatory guidelines and budget limitations.
Education: Bachelor’s in Social Work, Human Services, Sociology, or Psychology.
Experience: Two years case work experience in a social service agency, or fieldwork.
Certifications: Valid Wisconsin Driver’s license with clearance to drive from The Salvation Army’s insurance carrier. Territorial Casework Certification completion within one year of hire.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
Who we are:
Our Mission: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Our message is based on the Bible. Our ministry is motivated by the love of God. Our mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human need in His name without discrimination.
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army’s brand promises to Do the Most Good® – and it’s our employees that help us get there. At every level, you can have a real impact on your community through the work done inside our walls every day.
We are as impassioned about our employees as we are about our mission to help anyone in need without discrimination. Our culture reflects this quality, which makes our offices a seriously great place to work. Just walk inside our doors and you’ll quickly see that our employees are proud to support programs that make a difference.
The Salvation Army recognizes that peace of mind is important to employees and their families. Because of this, we offer :
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible schedules and a casual dress environment
- Generous paid time off benefits (vacation, sick time, personal time, and 11 paid holidays)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program, providing 24/7 support, resources, and referrals to help you in your work and personal life
- Insurance benefits: excellent health, dental, vision, life, disability
- Discounts available for pet insurance, auto insurance, and home insurance
Full-time employees scheduled to work 30 or more hours per week will be eligible for full benefits, including health, dental, vision and hearing benefits, basic and voluntary life benefits, holiday pay and paid time off, which is pro-rated based on their regularly scheduled work week.
Exempt Employees: Health, dental, vision, and hearing benefits, as well as basic and voluntary life benefits, will begin on the first day of the month following 30 days of employment.
Please use this link to apply on our career site.