The Salvation Army Emergency Lodge provides a wide variety of services to those in need. Since 1979, the 120-bed Emergency Lodge, located at 1730 N 7th St. in Milwaukee, has provided emergency shelter to homeless individuals and families with children. More than 80% of residents successfully move from shelter to safe, affordable housing each year. If you want to help make a difference by serving your community and helping those in need, apply now!
The Family Case Manager for Milwaukee, WI is offering a $1,000 sign on bonus.
Job Objective: The Family Case Manager provides case management services to families referred by Coordinated Entry, including multigenerational, LGBTQ, two parents, and blended and single parent families. Identifies the practical, physical and psychosocial needs of each family member.
- Manages a caseload of families (parents, children, extended family members)
- Accompanies families and assists in preparation for court hearings for Children’s Court, Municipal, and Milwaukee County.
- Attends school meetings, gives input and helps create IEP (Individualized Education Plan).
- Coordinates and contacts CPS (Child Protective Services) if needed to investigate abuse and neglect within families.
- Assists with reunification plans of families referred from CPS.
- Manages the social security income application process for individual adult and child family members by attending court hearings, completing applications and obtaining medical records.
- Completes interviews with clients (families), family members, service providers, employers and others to obtain information for formulating program/service eligibility and case status.
- Identifies psychosocial, economic and physical needs of family clients; assesses and reassesses client’s support systems, available community resources and other factors to plan, develop, and implement an appropriate service plan.
- Develops and implements a case plan that presents intervention strategies to meet client needs including alternative placement, job training, socialization, nursing services, legal and medical intervention and financial assistance according to State and federal regulatory guidelines and budget limitations.
Education: Bachelor’s in Social Work, Human Services, Sociology, or Psychology.
Experience: Two years case work experience in a social service agency, or fieldwork.
Certifications: Valid Wisconsin Driver’s license with clearance to drive from The Salvation Army’s insurance carrier. Territorial Casework Certification completion within one year of hire.
Please use this link to apply on our career site.