Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Position: Full -time, M-F 8:30am -5pm with some nights or weekend.
Classification: Non- Exempt
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Location: 425 building
Mission: The Women’s Center is committed to providing safety, shelter and support to empower all impacted by domestic abuse, sexual violence, child abuse, and trafficking.
Summary/ Objective: The primary responsibility of this position is to provide administrative support to the Executive Director and operations leadership team that consists of the Director of Finance, Director of Human Resources, and the Operations Director.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the agency overall, including general clerical, and handles many internal staff communications.
- Coordinates agenda and minutes for monthly all staff meetings.
- Manages a variety of special projects for the Executive Director.
- Greet visitors and donors and handle their inquiries or directs them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Support accounts payable function at the direction of the Director of Finance.
- Posts job descriptions on external sites and updates organizational chart.
- Monitor inventories and arrange for purchase of office, housekeeping, and other supplies for agency.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of drafting letters, recorded messages, memoranda, personal correspondence.
- Sustains relationships crucial to the success of the organization, including Board members and their office staff.
- Serves as the liaison to the TWC Board and its committees while maintaining discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members.
- Creates Board meeting agendas, schedules, and supporting meeting documents. along with sending correspondence to all Board members.
- Coordinates Board meeting materials and takes minutes at the meetings.
- Update the agency’s wish list for hard copy distribution and on Amazon and other sites as appropriate.
- Serve as back up with daily mail and bank deposit activities.
- Keep community resource information current and easily accessible, monitoring incoming brochures through tracking spreadsheet.
- Ensure confidentiality of all clients utilizing services.
- Adhere to organizational compliance with all local, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
- Ensure the completion of all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and work rules and regulations. Ensure the maintenance of departmental housekeeping standards.
- Completes other duties as needed and/or requested by supervisor to align with mission and vision of the organization.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong project management and organizational skills in which the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects on time is essential, excellent situational adaptability.
- Exceptionally detail-oriented with a keen attention to detail.
- Superior communication skills and the ability to convey information in an engaging, positive manner.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to navigate organizations to build relationships and garner support; ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, exercise initiative, resourcefulness, and good judgement.
- Ability to work flexible and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays as event calendar or deadlines dictate.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English; perform basic mathematical functions (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Sensitivity to issues facing survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse and trafficking.
- Requires at least a high school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-5 years minimum administrative experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, write and comprehend English. Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to utilize critical thinking- such as using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Reliable means of transportation is necessary. Proof of valid Wisconsin Driver’s license and insurance must be submitted if driving on TWC business; which may occur on occasion.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a largely sedentary role, but movement between buildings and up and down stairs is required.
- Requires lifting of files and donations, opening filing cabinets, and bending and standing as necessary. This would require the ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment: The Work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works predominantly indoors but may require the need to travel between different buildings.
- The Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ADA: This employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
AAP/EEO: The Women’s center is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This Job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.