United Community Center is seeking a motivated and organized Donor Relations Coordinator to steward prospective and current donors. Serving as part of the Fund Development Team and reporting to the Assistant Director of Development, this position will help to bolster awareness, maintain data integrity, properly acknowledge donors, and build overall support for UCC’s programs and mission.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize fundraising database (Salesforce) to input data and ensure accurate records on donors, gifts, and prospects. Track progress and analyze results.
- Coordinate and fulfill donor acknowledgment within 24 hours, as well as maintain accurate files and records of contributions.
- Coordinate data entry and integrity across marketing and development departments.
- Maintain a portfolio of individual donors, family foundations, and prospects with a goal of increased engagement and funding.
- Write donor-centric solicitations and appeals, inspiring cases for support, and tailored proposals for donors and family foundations; write success stories and contribute to newsletters
- Help develop and execute a dynamic stewardship calendar with a variety of written materials including cards, postcards, and special communications that highlight donor investments in our mission and provide a steady and positive message of gratitude.
- Actively participate in department and agency special events, including sponsorship solicitation, event coordination, and general event support as needed.
- Prepare and submit timely reports demonstrating impact of support to funding sources.
- Actively participate to identify and cultivate new and existing relationships with supporters and key prospects as well as focus on re-engaging lapsed donors.
- Be an essential part of the team that represents the organization at public meetings, special events, donor cultivation activities, as well help and address audiences as needed at events or agency tours.
- Miscellaneous duties as applied.
We are seeking someone with excellent interpersonal, organization, and writing skills as well as strong computer skills (including word processing, mail merges, and Excel). An individual with Salesforce experience is highly preferred. This candidate will be willing to “sweat the details” and will never settle for anything less than excellence. We are looking for someone whose personal characteristics include the ability for self-direction, motivation, and confidentiality. Candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, or Community Development as well as two to three years of experience in non-profit development (or a combination of education and work experience to meet position duties). This position includes a limited number of evening and weekend hours.
All applications should be submitted through UCC's Paycom system. Search for "Donor Relations Coordinator" here: