The United Performing Arts Fund (UPAF) is seeking a high energy events coordinator to join our UPAF team. This position will primarily support The UPAF Ride for the Arts, a signature fundraising event in Southeastern Wisconsin for over 40 years. This recreational bike ride has been a part of Milwaukee’s culture for four decades, attracting families and individuals from across the region.
The events coordinator will be a vital member of a small team executing the signature UPAF fundraising events by assisting in event planning, coordinating and recruiting volunteers, customer service and marketing for the Ride for the Arts and Dancing on the Green Golf Outing, reporting to the Events Director. Each year, the UPAF Ride brings together thousands of participants of all ages and ability levels and hundreds of volunteers in a tremendous display of support for our local performing arts organizations. The Dancing on the Green Golf Outing hosts upwards of one hundred guests from the Greater Milwaukee business community and friends of UPAF for a day of golf and fundraising.
Time Commitment: January 1 – August 12 (24 Weeks)
- Participate in production planning, execution and post-event clean-up under the direction of the Special Events Manager
- Create and follow timelines for event operations, with responsibility for volunteer and team recruitment
- Work with other UPAF Campaign Coordinators to provide information about the Ride to local companies
- Work with the Special Events Director to design and execute packet pick-up operations for the Ride for the Arts
- Assist with coordinating operational requirements, including set up and tear down
- Coordinate on-site registration with UPAF Ops Team to ensure accurate accounting of registrants
- Use Classy and Givesmart platforms to track registrations and pull attendee and fundraising reports
- Assist with external communications including but not limited to:
- Distribution of posters, flyers and rack cards
- Assist with social media posts (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Copy writing for marketing materials
- Copy writing for website (updating FAQ, Team Captain Manual)
- Assist with UPAF donor event coordination as needed.
- Under direction from the Special Events Director, manage the recruitment and training of more than 150 volunteers for the Ride for the Arts and approximately 50 volunteers for the UPAF Golf Outing
- Work with the Special Events Manager to develop volunteer roles and plans for training
- Coordinate and recruit new Ride Teams and Captains through calls and emails to past and potential team captains
- Coordinate and recruit new volunteers through calls and emails to past volunteers and strategic outreach to potential volunteers
- Coordinate volunteer participation and team recruitment with UPAF Member Groups and Affiliates
- Using iVolunteer, schedule and confirm dates, times and locations with volunteers
- Schedule and coordinate volunteers for pre-event efforts and event day roles
- Assist with volunteer training before and on-site at the event, assigning lead volunteers and working with UPAF staff to ensure clarity of volunteer responsibilities
- Assist teams and individual riders with online registration, difficulties with pledge pages and general customer service questions
- Provide ongoing support and communication to volunteers and event registrants
- Coordinate the distribution of fundraising incentives post-event
- This position requires the ability to sit, stand and carry up to 50lbs.
- Valid driver’s license
- Some evening and weekend hours are required
- Prior event planning experience required
- Positive attitude; excellent written and verbal communication; high level of organizational and follow-through skills; communicates assertively; maintains personal integrity
- Ability to handle various projects at one time; ability to delegate and give clear instructions; communicates with staff and registrants in a positive manner
- Minimum two years of events or volunteer management experience
- Comfortability using Instagram and Facebook
- Prior experience using Constant Contact or similar email communications program a plus
- Prior experience using Classy and Givesmart or similar events fundraising program plus
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.