Vision Forward, a cutting-edge non-profit organization, currently has a career opportunity for someone to serve as a part time limited hours Driver. The ideal candidate is dedicated to assisting people with visual impairments.
Vision Forward is recognized as the premier agency serving people of all ages with vision loss in Southeastern Wisconsin. We empower, educate and enhance the lives of individuals impacted by vision loss through all of life’s transitions. Our vision is that all individuals with vison loss have reached their full potential to lead active and independent lives.
Responsibilities to Fulfilling the Vision Forward Mission:
- Promote the dignity of all people living with vision loss.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Maintain a positive, cohesive, transparent, and family-friendly environment.
- Operate agency owned vehicles to transport clients or visually impaired staff to specific locations.
- Assists clients in moving from one location to another such as in and out of a motor vehicle or to and from a building using appropriate sighted guide techniques.
- Assist clients with carrying parcels and packages.
- Drive agency owned motor vehicle on errands related to agency business.
- Assist in other areas, including minor maintenance tasks during slow driving periods.
Pay and Benefits:
- $16.00 – $18.00 per hour based on experience
- Paid Time Off – 1 week after 1 year, an additional week on year 5
- Holiday’s (closed, but not paid) – New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial and Labor Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day and the Friday after, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- Company provided cell phone for use during working hours.
- No nights and weekends off.
The perfect Candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and a clean driving record.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions and directions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Comply with confidentiality policy.
Send resume to: