The National Account Executive, under the direction of the Vice President of Sales, will be responsible for lead generation and selling Greater Milwaukee as a premier destination for conventions, meetings, trade shows and other defined activities by soliciting assigned sales accounts. The National Account Executive will direct business leads to the convention campus, partner hotels and other partner firms with the potential to supply support services to these groups.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The achievement of individual and team sales goals as determined annually to include tentative and definite room nights. Individual goals will be assigned by territory or vertical market.
- Identify and encourage local contacts affiliated with state, regional and national organizations to support future meetings in Greater Milwaukee.
- Develop, coordinate and implement comprehensive bid strategies, including, but not limited to:
- Day to day maintenance of current file and account database.
- Develop new clients within vertical markets and geographic territory per assigned projects.
- Distribute qualified and detailed sales leads to appropriate partner businesses.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and formal bids to potential clients.
- Coordinate and conduct site inspection visits with individuals or groups interested in the destination if prior to RFP.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the operating procedures of the Wisconsin Center in order to book function space and issue license agreements.
- Maintain a well-informed, working knowledge of the facilities, attractions, and services, both public and private, available to customers in the Greater Milwaukee area. Serve as the liaison between these entities and the customer.
- Represent VISIT Milwaukee with appropriate industry groups for the purpose of generating interest in the Greater Milwaukee area as a destination or promoting attendance at events already scheduled for the Greater Milwaukee area.
- Participate in and solicit client attendees to special promotions sponsored by the Bureau such as sales missions or familiarization tours (FAMs) and other activities as assigned.
- Coordinate with the Events Experience Department to effectively service groups scheduled to meet in the Greater Milwaukee area, ensuring the success of activities including, but not limited to:
- Pre-convention meetings with customers and appropriate representatives of organizations involved with servicing the group.
- On-site visits to conventions in progress as required.
- Complete and submit on a timely basis, appropriate reports as assigned by supervisors and/or President/CEO.
- Accept and implement other duties as assigned by supervisors and/or the President and CEO.
- Work in a cohesive way with other VISIT Milwaukee personnel to ensure a unified and effective promotional effort.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or related field preferred, or equivalent related professional experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience in direct sales, sales marketing, or related field.
- Sales experience within a convention bureau, convention center, hotel or other organization in the travel industry preferred.
Required skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Strong work ethic with the self-motivation to succeed in a competitive sales environment.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated presentation skills.
- Ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically, racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse communities.
- Ability to develop and write effective proposals, reports, sales plans and business correspondence.
- Strong local and state client base desired. Involvement with ASAE, PCMA, MPI and other industry trade organizations a plus.
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace.
- Experience with MS Office applications and CRM databases.
- Ability to travel by air and personal vehicle. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Travel to tradeshows, client locations, and other industry events.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to sit or stand at desk, operate computer keyboard and view computer screen for six to eight hours per day.
- Must be able to hear and converse via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
- May be required to lift boxes and small equipment up to 50 pounds in weight.
- Travel in personal automobile may be required for business; occasional air travel may be required.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
To apply, please visit our career page at www.visitmilwaukee.org/about-us/job-openings/.
Please provide a resume and cover letter when submitting your application.