HUB EVENTS ARCHITECT
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Hub Events Manager provides leadership and direction in the execution of high-quality events that advance the mission and vision of the Volunteer Center. Through a collaborative effort with the Hub Management Team, the Events Manager establishes and maintains a reputation for events with consistently high standards which uphold the integrity of the organization and have an enduring impact on the Washington County community.
- Provide leadership, professional expertise, and direction in the planning of events with board members, VC staff, donors, member agencies and the community-at-large.
- Establish and maintain professional standards and procedures for production of events including up-to-date knowledge of industry best practices, as well as clear documentation on the entire event life-cycle (conception, design, development, coordination, implementation and post-event evaluation.)
- Leverage understanding of the competition/industry to identify business opportunities that contribute to mission-driven growth.
- Develop and monitor quarterly and annual sales projections, maintain event budgets and ensure prompt billing and payment from customers and vendors.
- Establish and maintain a robust network of vendors, clients and partners in the community.
- Create a full calendar of events in order to satisfy a wide range of community interests while balancing the realistic capacity of the staff, board, and volunteers to execute a successful event.
- Attend special events as required to ensure flawless execution from start to finish, including: setup/take down, staffing, vendor coordination and to resolve last minute challenges.
- Work collaboratively with The Hub leadership team to ensure appropriate use of Hub resources in the cafe, event space and community kitchen.
- Work with team members to generate and execute new event ideas and effectively promote programs and events to the community.
- Outstanding organization, time management, and communication skills
- Think creatively and quickly resolve issues independently
- Exemplary customer service standards
- Thrive in a fast-paced changing environment and work well under pressure
- Flexible, able to work evening and weekends as necessary
Two or more years of demonstrated, successful experience in event management and planning with a comprehensive understanding of operations management as it relates to special events. Non-profit event management experience preferred.
Solid experience running a diverse range of special events from small private parties to large-scale public facing productions.
Experience with nonprofit organizations and volunteer management is a plus.
Please kindly submit your resume here: www.volunteernow.net/hiring