We are excited to be offering a $5000 sign-on bonus! Join our team!
Do you enjoy being a part of a diverse and dynamic team? Are you looking for a rewarding job with career growth potential? If so, consider working at Wellpoint Care Network – the 2021 BizTimes large non-profit of the year.
Wellpoint is deeply committed to the welfare and protection of children, and our goal is to strengthen and support families. In every effort, from receiving hotline calls to reaching family reunification or foster care and adoption, children and families are our focus. We are seeking competent, compassionate, and career-oriented human service professionals to serve as a Child Welfare Case Manager on our Child and Family Well-Being team.
The Division of Milwaukee Child Protective Services contracts with Wellpoint (formerly SaintA) to provide child welfare services to about 900 families including nearly 1,200 children. Our next Child Welfare Case Manager will work diligently to provide services that ensure safety, permanence, and well-being.
- Monitors the safety and well-being of children to assess for present and impending dangers.
- Engages all family members including fathers in family team model.
- Connects families to community resources and make appropriate referrals to resources.
- Conducts in-home visits and safety assessments.
- Facilitates and monitors change planning to ensure families can enhance parental protective capacities by creating goals with families.
- Makes referrals for Transfer of Guardianship/Subsidized Guardianship/Termination of Parental Rights to the DA’s office or document exception in WISACWIS per timelines.
- Supports children and families in the post-TPR process.
- Provides accurate and professional documentation in case notes, summaries, assessments, and paperwork.
- Collaborates with Child Welfare and Foster Care teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work (BSW) or a related field required; Master’s Degree (MSW) preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of Experience in child welfare and/or a related human services field.
- Experience working in diverse communities with youth and families
- Knowledge of community resources
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills, detail oriented, highly effective verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrate an ability to effective understanding and practice of cultural humility and ability work and communicate respectfully with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Proficient in the usage of computer software; demonstrate an understanding of computer file systems and computer software packages, e.g., Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Teams, ADP, etc.
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license required.
- Physical exam, drug screen, motor vehicle report, and background checks are required for this position.
Position Details & Extras:
- Full-Time w/ benefits.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) – Wellpoint (formerly SaintA) employees may be eligible for loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program.
- Reimbursement for mileage.
- Bilingual stipends.
- Fast paced, flexible work schedule includes evenings and some weekends to accommodate program need.
- Incumbents will occasionally need to be available for extra hours and/or provide flexibility to accommodate special events, peak demand or staff shortages.
Wellpoint Care Network is a Wisconsin provider of family-centered care and educational services. As a 2021 Top Workplace of Southeastern Wisconsin and national leader of Trauma Informed Care, a philosophy and practice that acknowledges the profound effects of trauma on the developing brain, we are passionate about delivering quality, evidence-informed care to help children and families overcome trauma and thrive.
Wellpoint provides a rich continuum of services, including:
- Child Welfare and Foster Care
- Support for youth who have aged out of care
- Care Coordination and Wraparound services
- Mental health therapy and supports such as The Clinic @ Wellpoint (formerly SaintA), Family Preservation, Caregiver Support, Integrated Community Treatment
- Professional education and clinical consultation (for organizations, schools, and individual/family)
Interested parties please submit a cover letter and resume online. We are committed to enhancing diversity, equity and inclusion and strongly encourage minority candidates to apply. For more information, visit our website www.wellpoint.org.
To protect the health and well-being of our employees, clients and community members we come in contact with on a daily basis, Wellpoint (formerly SaintA) has decided to mandate the COVID vaccine for all employees or be approved with a qualified exemption. Please note that job candidates must be partially vaccinated within thirty (30) days of hire, and fully vaccinated within sixty (60) days of hire or approved for an exemption.
Wellpoint is an equal opportunity employer.