Westown Association is a downtown Milwaukee non-profit business association involved in economic revitalization and promotion of the area west of the Milwaukee River. The organization’s staff works with the volunteer board of directors, committees and local business leaders to promote and program the downtown Milwaukee district. The organization also oversees the administration of Business Improvement Districts #5 and #15. Westown Association has a small office working atmosphere that is unique, energetic and fun.
The Program & Marketing Assistant at Westown Association is a full-time, professional, salaried position focused on the support of the overall Westown operation and its events including the St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Milwaukee Night Market. This individual reports to the Executive Director, but also provides support to the Marketing & Events Director, board of directors and committees.
Essential duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director and Marketing & Events Director include, but are not limited to:
- General office & administration functions including answering phones, greeting guests, office maintenance, opening mail, mass mailings, filing, meeting preparation, errands and other projects
- Schedule board and committee meetings, send out meeting notices, preparing board meeting documents and take meeting minutes
- General bookkeeping. Familiarity with QuickBooks helpful, but not required.
- Provide support for annual audits
- Maintaining databases
- Oversee member processing
- Maintaining media and event contact lists
- Preparing social media content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Maintaining content on westown.org, saintpatricksparade.org and mkenightmarket.com
- Assistance with planning yearly membership meeting, membership mixers and special meetings as needed
- Assistance with planning tasks for special events including the Milwaukee Night Market, St. Patrick’s Parade and Westown Golf Open
- Day of event support for events such as the Milwaukee Night Market, St. Patrick’s Parade and Westown Golf Open
- Maintain office supplies and equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot basic computer and software issues or work with IT support vendor to resolve as needed
- Representing the Westown Association at various meetings as directed by Executive Director (some may occur outside of the traditional work day)
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Organized, detail-oriented, capable of managing multiple tasks and solving problems
- Self-starter who is energetic, outgoing & learns quickly
- Ability to work with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work under and manage deadlines
- Experience with various social media platforms
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience with QuickBooks, Constant Contact and Adobe programs helpful, but not required
- Familiarity with Downtown Milwaukee is helpful
- Ability to lift objects of various sizes and weights up to 50lbs and to be on your feet for long hours on event days.
- Ability to attend meetings and events outside the traditional workday when necessary
- Upon being hired, Westown Association will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination or for the individual to disclose a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated
Compensation & benefits
The Westown Association offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
How to apply
To apply, please email a current resume and cover letter that includes salary history/requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, March 17. Address to Stacie Callies, Executive Director.
Resumes without salary history/requirements will not be considered.
Inquiries must be made via email; No phone calls please.
*Consideration will be made for May 2023 graduates to begin on a part-time basis until after graduation.