The Executive Director of WisconSibs, the first and only nonprofit in Wisconsin serving siblings of people with disabilities from childhood through adulthood, is the primary leader for the organization with responsibility for overseeing the organization, managing the staff of WisconSibs, and leading WisconSibs with support of the dedicated board and talented founder into the exciting next phase of organizational growth.
The ideal candidate is well aligned with the organization’s mission, vision and values.
This job is for a full-time Hybrid Position – providing flexibility for the Executive Director to work remotely as well as within our office location in Appleton, Wisconsin. Office hours are typically Monday through Thursday 9:00 am-4 pm; with some weekends and evenings for board and committee meetings, programs and events. The executive director reports to an active and engaged board of directors.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic direction and planning to promote the organization’s compelling and impactful mission
- Responsible for securing financial resources necessary to effectively support award-winning programming, general operations, and future growth
- Engagement with community leaders to advocate for Sibs and promote WisconSibs’ mission / Acting as the Face of the Organization throughout Wisconsin and the nation
- Oversight of the development, evaluation, and accessibility of WisconSibs programs and events
- Hire, lead, develop and direct the staff and dedicated volunteers
- Continue to develop and steward strategic alliances, collaborations, and funder/donor relationships throughout Wisconsin and beyond
- Strong ability to manage many daily activities in a focused, balanced environment
- Financial reporting, working in conjunction with the board and staff
Requirements for this position:
- 5 years+ in nonprofit leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification/work experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Passing a background check
Salary Range $60,000-$75,000 based on skill and experience as well as a benefit package including PTO, paid holidays, a flexible work schedule working in a comfortable, accessible office setting.
Sibs Are Our Peeps …We are committed to recognizing the critical roles that siblings of all ages play in the lives of people with disabilities and providing programs and services that support their unique needs and perspectives throughout their life-long journey. We believe that when the voices of siblings of individuals with developmental disabilities or long-term illnesses are heard, individual families, communities and society benefit as a whole.
Our 25 years of growth has gone from making an impact on the Fox Valley to major recognition throughout Wisconsin, the United States, and globally for innovative programming that addresses the relevant and critical needs of an underserved population; namely, siblings of people with disabilities. It is an amazing mission with high demand. This position will have an opportunity to grow capacity to more fully make this mission accessible throughout Wisconsin and beyond. For more information about our innovation and ever-growing organization go to WisconSibs.
Are you a passionate and successful nonprofit leader who is a builder style and likes to work collaboratively with partner agencies and our diverse community? Do you thrive when you can partner with others to serve the common good? Are you focused and hardworking and like to work with others toward a common goal? We want to meet you!
Please send a resume and your cover letter explaining specifically your strengths and why you would be an ideal fit for WisconSibs and the Executive Director position to apply@WisconSibs.org.