The exhibitions and outreach coordinator is a full participant in the planning and execution of James Watrous Gallery exhibitions, events, and related outreach. This position’s responsibilities include developing events to connect with new and returning audiences; coordinating the 2022 statewide Call of Artists; managing exhibition logistics; and assisting with exhibit design and installation. This is a 50% non-exempt position based at the James Watrous Gallery, 201 State St., Madison WI 53703.
General Duties: Plan and coordinate exhibition-related programming and logistics to engage new audiences and ensure a positive experience for both artists and gallery visitors.
Specific tasks for this position include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the 2022 statewide Call for Artists.
- Work with the gallery director to manage scheduling and logistics for exhibitions and events.
- Assist with exhibition design and installation.
- Explore new avenues for public engagement to cultivate and develop connected audiences and event partners.
- Work with the events and communications manager to plan and schedule gallery promotion.
- Manage attendance and guestbook records and the front desk, with assistance from visitor services staff.
- Passion for sharing and interpreting visual art.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse audiences.
- Excellent project management and administrative skills, including time management, process development, collaboration, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as lead and participate in teams.
- Experience with event planning and promotion.
- Experience with exhibition design, installation, and art handling.
- Experience with local arts and culture organizations and institutions.
- Familiarity with and comfort in working across Wisconsin’s diverse cultural landscape.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a discipline relevant to the gallery’s mission.
- Cross-disciplinary skills and interests.
Compensation: The hourly rate for this position is $18.50. The Academy provides health insurance and other benefits on a pro-rated basis.
The Wisconsin Academy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Please e-mail a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com by June 15 for best consideration. Phone calls are not encouraged.