The Community Partnership Associate at the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music is primarily responsible for supporting and coordinating programs that provide music education to students in a wide variety of settings, including public/private/charter schools and early childhood centers. Occasional attendance at weeknight and weekend events is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Be a contributing member of the WCM team that shares innovative program ideas and strategies to meet the WCM’s mission: Inspiring individuals and communities through exceptional music education, accessible to all.
- Hold to WCM’s values: Empathy, Integrity, Excellence, and Inclusion.
- Collect information from Community Partners in order to prepare proposals and contracts.
- Schedule meetings and programs with Community Partners.
- Create and update files and spreadsheets accurately, including those that contribute to WCM strategic planning metrics.
- Serve as a point of contact for faculty, including the coordination of schedules and substitute arrangements.
- Track, maintain, and distribute instruments and equipment for Community Partner sites.
- Assist with summer programming and Summer Music Institute (SMI).
- Support recruitment of students at Community Partner sites for Conservatory programs.
- Duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of experience in an office environment. Attention to detail a must. Motivated professional with critical thinking and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Professional background in music or a background in music such as past/current participation in ensembles, private lessons, or formal music study of any kind.
- Examples of backgrounds that the successful candidates might have in addition to music: education, non-profit management, customer service, and community partnership.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite; prior experience with database management a plus.
- Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply via this link.