WFAA encourages individuals working out of WFAA offices or conducting in-person business to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. WFAA does not at this time require vaccination for in-person work or other business activity, but reserves the right to put in place such a requirement in the future. Should it do so WFAA will consider requests for accommodations only as required under applicable law.
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for a Writer/ Storyteller to join the Communications team. This position will create meaningful storytelling about the UW, its alumni, donors and friends. Storytelling efforts include both long and short-form writing for print, digital and video, social media content creation, as well as creation of materials in support of development and stewardship efforts for WFAA
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and to their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
Impactful Storytelling: Journalistic, Marketing and Development
- Interview alumni, faculty, staff, and students
- Collaborate with editorial leads to identify and produce stories for WFAA’s print and digital publications/websites
- Generate editorially unique ideas to be used across multiple channels and in support of development and programming efforts
- Write for WFAA marketing teams as needed
- Assist with editing and copyediting as needed
- Use storytelling skills to tailor gift proposals and stewardship communications to key audiences
Social Media Content Creation and Community Management
- Assist with posting/curating WFAA’s corporate presence on social media platforms; interact with constituents on social platforms to support marketing and customer service priorities
- Extend editorial strategy into digital and social touch points
- Engage in conversations with alumni to increase brand affinity, engagement and likelihood of alumni involvement in WFAA activities
- Create/share meaningful storytelling and curate digital content including writing, digital photography and video
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1 + year(s) experience in journalism or related field
- Experience creating content about diverse constituencies
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, InDesign, and Acrobat
- Strong sense of journalistic, storytelling and marketing concepts
- Demonstrated creativity and initiative; ability to produce and publish stories for print/web/social/video
WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful. We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k contribution after 1 year of service!
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (advanceuw.org) is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.