WFAA encourages individuals working out of WFAA offices or conducting in-person business to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. WFAA does not at this time require vaccination for in-person work or other business activity, but reserves the right to put in place such a requirement in the future. Should it do so WFAA will consider requests for accommodations only as required under applicable law.
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for the UW-Madison, is seeking a dynamic Customer Relations Specialist / Coordinator! In this role ,you will provide customer service at reception desk. In this role, you will be first point of contact for alumni, constituents and customers in person, via telephone, email and website live chat feature; manage inventory of organizational and divisional resources; manage internal operational processes in support of staff, alumni and guests. Provide support and program execution to the various teams within the organization. This position will work onsite at the Wisconsin Alumni Association office located at 650 Lake Street in Madison, WI.
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and to their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
Reception and Customer Relations
- Manage operations at reception desks.
- Be the first point of contact in demonstrating the WAA and WFAA brands to alumni, donors and visitors through multiple communication channels
- Provide exceptional visitor and information services to all visitors. Enthusiastically greet and assist visitors; contact appropriate personnel upon arrival or direct guest to appropriate area. Provide requested information.
- Take messages and redirect inquiries to the appropriate staff members.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of organizational process and standards.
- Communicate collaboratively across different teams and divisions.
- Responsible for upkeep, cleanliness, and coordination of public areas; maintain literature and information racks for visitors. Ensure a professional and tidy desk and public space presentation at all times.
- Oversee safety protocol of public areas. Maintain security of the building by ensuring door security during non-business hours and monitor lobby entrance during business hours.
- Open and close the office.
- Process alumni profile information updates in the official alumni database (ABE).
- Assist customers with uwalumni.com email account services.
- Manage reserved parking lot spaces.
- Receive general deliveries and contact proper personnel of their arrival.
- Process FedEx and UPS outgoing shipments.
- Fulfill Petty Cash Requests
Administrative and General Operations Support
- Complete assembly and mailing projects
- Draft routine correspondence on a per request basis
- Assist in general operational tasks as needed
- Learn and effectively utilize organizational and administrative policies, processes and software systems
- Identify and suggest areas for process improvement, and assist with implementation
- Operate building equipment and systems, including basic troubleshooting
- Independently manage a wide variety of inquiries from internal and external constituents
- Demonstrate a cooperative and courteous manner in person and by phone.
- Positively represent WFAA and the university to internal and external constituencies
- Manage office coffee equipment & supplies and filtered water dispensers (Canteen)
- Coordinate staff annual parking permits and bus passes
- Available to work or be on-call on scheduled evenings and weekends to assist with visitor services and event execution for events and engagement programs
- Provide administrative and programmatic support for various engagement efforts
- Assist in general operational tasks as needed
- 6 + months experience in receptionist / customer service job function.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and experience working in databases/CRM.
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills; ability to interact well with people of diverse backgrounds;
- Team-oriented and resourceful;
- Ability to work with a large degree of independence;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks;
- Ability to handle pressure in a fast paced and ever changing environment; ability to make independent decisions and answer tough customer service questions. Familiarity with the UW-Madison campus preferred.
WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful. We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k contribution after 1 year of service!
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (advanceuw.org) is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.