The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)* is recruiting for a Investment Office Coordinator. The Investment Office Coordinator provides administrative support for the University of Wisconsin Foundation (UWF) Investments office team. In this important role you will be responsible for, visitor relations, reception, general office, administrative coverage, expense reporting and accounts payable. This position will work on-site at 1 South Pinckney Street in Madison, WI.
The Investment Office Coordinator position requires advanced computer skills, strong attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills, effective management of time, and the ability to work well with various levels of internal management/staff and outside partners. Sensitivity to confidential information is required.
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and to their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
General Office Coverage
- Manage daily up-keep of office space including kitchen, conference rooms and storage areas.
- Interface with building management, maintenance and janitorial staff.
- Maintain general office supplies; track inventory and coordinate replenishment.
- Collect and coordinate all mail, shipping and deliveries.
- Oversee consolidated office calendars.
- Support events including investor meetings, lunch & learns, recruiting events, dinner & lunch meetings, and team building activities.
- Assist with employee on-boarding, orientation, and off-boarding.
- Establish tracking files, inventory schedules, and process documents.
- Provide support and back-up coverage for other administrative staff as needed.
- Coordinate daily calendars of senior team; engage with external partners, Investment Committee of the board of the WFAA Board of Directors, Foundation leadership to schedule in-person meetings and calls; ensure all required participants are notified and confirmed.
- Screen communications, respond to emails, and interface with external partners and service providers.
- Orchestrate on-site Investment Committee meetings and dinners; attendance polling, meeting preparation, and day-of logistics
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of all Investment Committee communications and materials.
- Facilitate heavy global travel itineraries for investment team; research and book airline, hotel, and transfer reservations; assess visa and immunization requirements.
- Prepare travel expense and reimbursement reports.
- Manage expenditures within the procurement and expense system; initiate purchase orders, check requests, travel advances.
Expense Reporting and Accounts Payable
- Monitor shared email inbox for receipts, invoices, and other administrative notifications.
- Maintain document management system for storing all expense report and vendor related materials; properly filing and tagging documents for archival and efficient access.
- Review all documents and evaluate next steps: archive, action or escalation.
- Assist with preparation of expense reports and vendor payments for review and approval within the Foundations’ procurement and expense system.
- File and track vendor agreements; monitor upcoming expirations and confirm on-going renewals.
Visitor Relations and Reception
- Greet all visitors and maintain a welcoming environment.
- Act as a gatekeeper to office space and team; liaison with building security as needed.
- Supervise conference room scheduling and upkeep (including AV and presentation equipment).
- Assist with logistics for out-of-town guests; directions, parking, dining, and accommodations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of administrative support experience with increasing degree of responsibility and/or combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with ability (and strong desire) to become familiar with firm- specific programs and software.
- Experience managing travel itineraries, including international travel and visa requirements.
- Experience in investment management, legal, consulting, or other relevant sectors.
- Strong organizational, communication, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and professional communication skills.
- Proactive mindset, resourceful, anticipatory in potential needs and adaptive to changes.
- Ability to find clarity in ambiguity.
- Exercising high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Desire to work in-office (in-person); with the ability to occasionally be available outside of normal working hours (with flexibility to pivot to remote work).
WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful. We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k contribution after 1 year of service!
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (advanceuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.