Your Choice to Live, Inc., a 501(c)(3), operates under the guiding mission of providing awareness, prevention education, resources, and support to youth, parents, schools, and communities in regard to alcohol and drug use. Through these educational and prevention efforts, we will help shape healthy, responsible, and successful future generations who are equipped with the necessary resiliency and decision-making skills to make good choices in all aspects of their lives. Your Choice is seeking an entrepreneurial executive director to build on our exceptional reputation of providing impactful education and resources as well as expanding our reach and program distribution to our target audiences.
About Your Choice to Live, Inc.
Your Choice to Live, Inc. was established by the Lybert family in 2009 after their son struggled for many years with alcohol and then drug addiction. The Lyberts began sharing their family story in order to help other families navigate the challenges of addiction as well as prevent other families from going down this same path. Over the years, the Your Choice programs have evolved and developed with research and much discussion into educational programs geared to create not only awareness, but also to provide real world skills, talking points, and a tool kit for combatting risky behaviors in youth. During the COVID pandemic, Your Choice was challenged to find new and creative ways to bring their programs and events to schools, families, and professionals. Your Choice answered the call with the development of their Wake Up Call website, online educational webinar series which were recorded to create a robust online resource library, podcasts, and livestream youth classes. Your Choice has resumed in person programming, but the value of these online resources will remain part our future and will broaden our reach. More information about Your Choice, our programs, and resources may be found at www/yourchoiceprevention.org.
The Your Choice to Live, Inc. office is in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin which is located in the lake-filled corner of northwestern Waukesha County. With a population of approximately 17,000, Oconomowoc is a mix of small town, historic charm and future opportunity. It is a community with abundant nearby recreation, safe streets, an excellent school district, quality healthcare, and overall high quality of life. It is also within an hour or less drive to Madison and Milwaukee.
About the Position
Your Choice to Live has reached the point in our longevity where the members of founding family, including our executive director, are ready to retire from this organization and focus on a new chapter in their lives. The founders and our board of directors are excited about the new opportunities for growth this leadership change and new perspectives will bring to Your Choice.
The incoming executive director will join a passionate organization renowned for providing excellence in prevention education. The priorities for the first 12 to 18 months include:
- In collaboration with our program manager: maintain, update, and deliver current prevention programs as well as research and develop new educational programs to be offered to an array of audiences across several delivery platforms. Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress and evaluate program components through audience feedback.
- Steward relationships with current sponsors and donors as well as the development of new funding sources and grant writing in order to meet budget requirements and maintain long-term financial sustainability.
- Preserve connections with current program and event contacts and cultivate new relationships within school districts, community partners, and other networking alliances in order to expand our reach to new audiences.
- Develop, engage, and support a balanced board of directors. Seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for ongoing operations and future growth opportunities. Explore the opportunities to develop and define the benefits of an advisory council to work in conjunction with the board and staff.
The executive director reports to the board of directors, and all staff positions report to the executive director.
- Prepare annual budget, monitor expenditures, and prepare projections on income/expense and cash flow. Oversees the preparation of monthly financial statement and account receivables and account payables, and preparation of financial reports for grants. Work with our payroll service, insurance providers, and our accountant on IRS filings.
- Recruit, lead, coach, and retain a high-performing team. Encourage staff training and professional development. Maintain updated job duties and assessment of staff productivity and engagement.
- Create and maintain overall communications and marketing plan including website, social media, media relations, e-newsletter, resource materials, and event marketing.
- Actively engage and energize partnering organizations, funders, board members, event committees, alumni, past event participants, and community leaders to support and expand the recognition of the Your Choice brand as a leader and primary resource in prevention programming.
The ideal candidate for the Your Choice Executive Director position will be a champion for our mission and vision for our organization, results orientated, and committed to quality prevention programming.
Desired qualifications for the position include:
- Nonprofit management and leadership experience.
- Operates with a high level of autonomy.
- Committed to self-development.
- Reflects a high entrepreneurial spirit and creativity.
- Is a team and relationship builder.
- Capacity for fundraising and sustainable, long-term-fund development including grant writing.
The successful candidate will bring a variety of experiences and attributes to Your Choice including:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in nonprofit management, education, social work, business, or other applicable field.
- Financial and accounting knowledge including QuickBooks.
- Technical skills including e-commerce, webinars, podcasts, virtual meeting & event platforms such as Zoom, as well as website management.
- Effective interpersonal communications skills including written, verbal, and social.
- Organizational and strategic planning.
- Comfortable working with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Evening and weekend programs and travel involved.
The salary range is $60,000-$80,000 annually and is commensurate with experience. All offers of employment are contingent upon clear results of thorough background checks. All inquiries and interactions with potential candidates are kept in strict confidence.
Your Choice to Live, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a pool of diverse applicants. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please email all items below combined in one document to email@example.com:
- A cover letter describing your qualifications and interest in this position.
- A detailed resume including education, certifications, and work experience.
- The names of, your relationship to, and the contact information for three professional references. Please note: References will not be contacted until you, the candidate, is notified.