Introduction to Inclusive Leadership
Beginning March 12th: UW-Madison Continuing Studies is offering “Introduction to Inclusive Leadership”:
“Unlock the power of inclusive leadership to transform yourself and our communities. We’ll embark on a journey of self-discovery and practice facilitating environments where every voice matters. By leading with curiosity and humility, we build relational trust and positive change.
Throughout this course, participants will develop a nuanced understanding of cultural competence. This expanded perspective will equip you to navigate diverse contexts with sensitivity. Through discussion and real-world applications, you’ll refine your skills in building relationships and promoting equity and belonging.
- Describe the concepts of inclusive leadership, othering, and belonging
- Define and integrate personal values and principles that align with inclusive leadership
- Practice effective listening skills to transform everyday conversations and interactions
- Analyze and compare expressions of power and inclusive leadership strategies
- Bring awareness to bias, patterns and systems of exclusion
- Design environments to remove barriers to inclusion and nurture belonging
- Value diverse perspectives and resources that support inclusive practices
- Create a personal action plan for ongoing growth in inclusive leadership”