Youth Mental Health First Aid – Virtual Class
Mental Health Matters is offering Youth Mental Health First Aid – Virtual Class:
“Youth Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use disorders in youth. This 6-hour training gives adults who work with youth the skills they need to reach out and provide initial support to children and adolescents (ages 6-18) who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them to the appropriate care.
This course is being offered as a virtual course. After completing a 2-hour, self-paced class, you will participate in a 6-hour virtual Instructor-led class. Have no fear. We will take breaks!
What it Covers
- Common signs and symptoms of mental illness in this age group, including
- Eating disorders
- Attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD)
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use
- How to interact with a child or adolescent in crisis •
- How to connect the person with help
- NEW: Expanded content on trauma, addiction and self-care and the impact of social media and bullying”