- Master’s degree in social work, counseling, or related field (required)
- Driver’s License, insurance and reliable transportation (required)
- Flexible Schedule (some evening work required)
- Work from home
- Ability to accumulate 3000 hours towards LCSW or LPC
- Clinical Supervision included
- In-house and agency-funded continuing education
Anu is hiring a full or part-time Adult/Youth Trauma Counselor to provide in-home psychoeducation to children and adults. This is a location-based position in Milwaukee, Waukesha, and Dodge Counties.
- Provide psychoeducation and skill building to adults and children referred by Wraparound Milwaukee or CCS (Comprehensive Community Services) in their home, school, or other community-based settings.
- Form trusting relationships with clients and facilitate their potential growth to improve their lives despite having experienced trauma and/or attachment disruptions.
- Work effectively as part of a Wraparound or Recovery Team to assist clients to lead a more self-directed recovery journey.
Who we are:
Anu Family Services, Inc. is committed to unleashing the potential in every employee and client we serve. We know that teams perform best when they are diverse, and every team member feels that they belong. It is the unique contributions of all Anu employees that drive our success, and we are committed to building a culture where everyone can do meaningful work. Employees at Anu repeatedly rank professional development opportunities as one of the main reasons they love working here. Anu is a private non-profit family services agency, and we are seeking an individual passionate about helping clients build resilience in their lives after traumatic experiences. This position can be part-time or full-time and provides a flexible schedule with some evening hours, a home-office base, and opportunities for professional development. A full benefits package is available to full-time employees, which starts at .75FTE (30 hours per week). Clinical Supervision is provided at no cost.
The Adult/Youth Trauma Counselor provides in-home, community-based, and/or telehealth services for youth and adult clients involved in CCS and/or Wraparound Milwaukee programming. The Adult/Youth Trauma Counselor serves and supports their clients who have experienced trauma and/or mental health issues to work towards their recovery goals by connecting, validating, modeling and teaching. This person connects with patience and understanding, assures the client that their behavior makes sense in light of their experiences, models self-awareness, use of healthy coping skills and emotional regulation, and provides psychoeducation about trauma and attachment. This position requires that the ideal candidate will have excellent self-awareness, excellent communication skills, a strong ability to build relationships, significant computer skills, attention to detail, and the drive and passion to patiently and creatively help clients heal from the effects of trauma, even while understanding that those effects may make the client push away the very people who want to help the most.
To learn more about Individualized Trauma Services, please visit us at www.anufs.org and fill out our online application. We must receive a resume and completed application for further consideration.
Anu provides cultural matches for the clients we serve and encourages people with diverse backgrounds and language fluency to apply.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Bonus pay
COVID-19 considerations: All CDC guidelines will be followed.
Work Location: On the road
EEO. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please fill out an application at anufamilyservices.bamboohr.com/careers/39?source=aWQ9MTg%3D