Elevate’s mission is to guide and empower individuals, families, and communities to effectively address substance use and mental health challenges. We are a resource for residents in Washington, Waukesha, Sheboygan, Dodge, Columbia, Marquette, Green Lake, and Fond du Lac counties. We accomplish our mission through collaboration of our internal staff with community organizations who benefit from our programming.
Elevate offers a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefit package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance, SIMPLE IRA, EAP, vacation, sick and 11 paid holidays and tuition reimbursement.
As the leader of the organization, the Executive Director implements the vision for achieving our mission through the efforts of a diverse team of high-performing leaders, staff, and volunteers alike. The Executive Director is the driver of activities, developing and leveraging relationships and networks, and working across private, public, government and corporate sectors to improve conditions in the communities we are part of. The Executive Director is effective at generating resources and financial support for the organization. The Executive Director is dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good – creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies for broad investment and impact. The Executive Director is the steward of the Elevate brand and understands the responsibility of growing and protecting the reputation of Elevate. S/he is responsible for building trust in Elevate and its relevance in the community.
- Mission Impact: The Executive Director is responsible for the overall impact of Elevate in the communities we serve.
- Resource Development: The Executive Director drives key results in fundraising; to identify, cultivate and solicit prospective donors and key leaders of prospective new corporate partners; to leverage personal and professional contacts and relationships into fundraising opportunities; and to promote a culture of fundraising in the organization, both at the staff and board level.
- Strategic Management: The Executive Director serves as the principal resource to the Board of Directors and its key committees and gives strong direction in policy formulation and interpretation. S/he partners with the Board of Directors and the Senior Leadership team to craft organizational goals and develops strategies to ensure that they are achieved.
- Organization Management: The Executive Director is accountable for maintaining the positive workplace culture while building and leading high-performing teams and ensuring all teams are aligned and collaborating to achieve organizational results.
- Financial: The Executive Director oversees revenue generating and fundraising activities to support long-term organizational sustainability while simultaneously building an operating reserve.
- Leadership: The Executive Director leads the organization through highly transparent, high integrity, and collaborative leadership.
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in social sciences related field, Business Administration or Psychology. Masters Degree preferred
- 5-7 or more years of Leadership experience in a non-profit setting
- Strong marketing, public relations, and communication skills
- Demonstrated success with fund development.
- Successful history of team building and retention of high performing staff
- Financial acumen as demonstrated by successful organization budget design and management
The mission and philosophy of Elevate requires this position to perform in both a professional and personable manner. The manner in which the employee relates to fellow employees, clients, and visitors is considered parallel in importance to technical knowledge and ability. Respect and consideration given to the dignity of each client, visitor and fellow employee is a requisite of successful job performance. In addition, strict client confidentiality must be maintained.
Applicants should forward a resume and short introductory video about themselves and their qualifications for the position to:
Elevate is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all candidates. Candidates will be asked to complete a personality assessment questionnaire as a part of the interview process as well as a drug screen and background check as a part of the hiring process.