CLIENT ASSOCIATION: Cervical Spine Research Society, CSRS
POSITION REPORTS TO: Executive Director
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS: Non-Exempt (Minimum 37.5 hours/week)
Cervical Spine Research Society: The Cervical Spine Research Society is a multidisciplinary organization of orthopedic surgeons and neurosurgeons interested in clinical and research problems of the cervical spine. Its purpose is to provide a forum for the exchange and development of ideas and philosophy regarding the diagnosis and treatment of cervical spine injury and disease.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate membership processes, including:
- Process new membership applications through online portal
- Work with membership committee to approve/deny membership applications once per year.
- Direct liaison with the CSRS membership committee
- Review current member records to ensure that member requirements are fulfilled each year
- Coordination of annual dues renewal processing and annual invoicing
- Coordinate membership events at the CSRS annual meeting including the new member breakfast and membership business meeting
- Coordinate CSRS communications including:
- CSRS website, including organizing content and updating the site as necessary. Monitor monthly website statistics.
- Maintain a social media presence using Facebook, X, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube. Including scheduling and assisting in the creation of posts, graphics, and scheduling using Hoot suite. Pull analytics monthly. Work with communications committee & staff to create content for posts.
- Coordinate content for monthly membership e-newsletter and work with internal IS department to send newsletters. Pull analytics monthly.
- Serve as a liaison to communication committee to implement tasks and actions in a timely manner. Assist in scheduling committee meetings, create agenda and write meeting minutes.
- Coordinate CSRS administrative processes including:
- Maintain database of membership records (currently using iMIS)
- Coordinate committee appointment process including sending initiations, and tracking responses
- Assist with incoming and outgoing e-mails, phone calls, correspondence, and other day-today organizational functions including oversee processing of vendor invoices and expense reports.
- Work as part of the CSRS team in the overall goals of the association.
- Other duties as assigned.
BUSINESS NEEDS & TRAVEL REQUIRED:
Some early morning, evening and weekend work may be required to meet client needs. Travel will be approximately one week per year for the annual meeting which takes place in late November or early December.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
Must meet deadlines and have an acute attention to detail and ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously. Previous association management experience and familiarity with nonprofit leadership a plus. Computer proficiency, outstanding organizational and communication skills required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (lifting, packaging, etc.)
Minimal lifting required. Ability to move quickly within meeting facilities.
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and a minimum of two days onsite in the office are a requirement of the role.
*Please apply to the role that best aligns to your experience and qualifications. We’ll discuss your interests and possible opportunities during an initial phone interview. (No need to apply to multiple opportunities.)