CLIENT ASSOCIATION: International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society (MDS)
POSITION(S) REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Communications
POSITION(S) THAT REPORT TO YOU: None
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt (minimum of 37.5 hours/week)
The International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society is a non-profit medical professional society of influential clinicians, scientists, and other healthcare professionals from around the world dedicated to improving the care of patients with movement disorders through education and research. This role reports to the Assistant Director of Communications and works closely with the Director of Communications & Membership, as well as all MDS teams, vendors, Society leadership and appropriate committees.
The Website Manager manages the content, design, development, and maintenance for the MDS websites and other digital platforms, as well as assists in development and implementation of new online tools. In addition, this role serves as the primary point of contact for all website updates, and is responsible for implementation of best practices and technical guidance for optimal user-experience.
- Maintain current information on MDS websites and digital platforms including, but not limited to, learning management system, meeting mobile applications, AWS library of video and audio recordings and podcast recording software and platforms. Review material submitted from each area of MDS to ensure quality and accurate content with verified links. Assess content for compatibility and consistency with the site as a whole. Make recommendations for improvement.
- Plan the design of web pages in collaboration with MDS Web Editors, providing strong leadership with important factors such as usability, navigation, and visual design.
- Provide input in creation and support of website guidelines and policies.
- Work with all MDS staff to manage and implement website content and changes. Perform regular review throughout site to identify and correct errors.
- Respond to user problems on daily basis, providing resolution within two business days of first contact.
- Work in conjunction with related staff to recommend vendors and manage the process of creating the mobile app for the International Congress and Regional Meetings. Research best practices and provide guidance in how to best showcase information within the app for a good end-user experience.
- Work with Web Services or website related vendors to assess potential technical challenges with web projects and tools.
- Keep up-to-date with best practices in web usability, web page style, and writing for the web.
- Serve as staff liaison to MDS committees, including the MDS Website Editors, Website Editorial Board, as assigned and provide administrative support as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED:
2-4 weeks of domestic and/or international travel per year; some early morning/evening and weekend work required.
Bachelor’s degree. Previous demonstrated experience and success in utilizing the web for communication/marketing and educational purposes. Excellent writing, organizational and general web skills. Previous experience working with a CMS preferred. Web project management experience desired, including documenting requirements, budgeting, scheduling, conducting testing, and launching final product. Excellent organizational and verbal and written communication skills required. Able to work successfully in a team environment. Word processing and spreadsheet skills in MS Office environment essential.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (example – lifting, packaging, etc.)
Lifting 20 – 30 lbs may occasionally be required.
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and dedicated weekly days in the office are a requirement of the role.
*EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.