The members of the Board of Directors are collectively responsible to ensure effective and fiscally-sound programs and operations by providing vision, leadership, advice, and direction to the staff and volunteers of the organization.
- Understand the roles, responsibilities, and liabilities of serving on the Board
- Prepare for each Board meeting by reading material distributed prior to the meeting
- Attend all regular (quarterly) and special Board meetings and participate in the proceedings
- Serve actively on at least one committee
- Maintain knowledge of current programs of the organization
- Make a personal financial contribution to the organization, meeting the guidelines determined by the Board
- Participate in the fundraising efforts of the organization
- Share resources and talents, as well as expertise and contacts
- Serve as an advocate of the organization to various constituent groups
- Be accessible, at least by phone, to Directors, committee members, and the Executive Director
- Contribute at least six hours per month including attending Board and committee meetings, participating in Board-related activities, fulfilling committee assignments & making donor visits.
- Fulfill commitments within the agreed-upon deadlines
- Be loyal to the organization
- Hold in confidence any proprietary information given to Board Directors
- Take initiative and provide leadership
- Identify individuals for service on the Board or its committees
- Commitment to the mission and programs of Father Gene’s Help Center
- Specific experience or knowledge in at least one management area or a field related to the programs and services of Father Gene’s Help Center – preferably marketing, PR or fundraising expertise
- Ability to work in a team
- Adequate time availability
- Ideally has nonprofit board experience
- The mission of Father Gene’s Help Center is to provide dignity through free clothing to people in the greater Milwaukee community.
- We envision a transformed community in which all people have access to clean, dignified clothing in which they feel confident.
- Email an updated resume and a brief message expressing your interest learning more about board membership to email@example.com.