Position: Community Relations and Special Events Coordinator
Status: Full-Time, Hourly
Reports to: Marketing and Fund Development Director
Position Summary: Responsible for coordinating Special Events, Volunteer recruitment, Outreach, and Administrative support for Marketing and Fund Development Department.
Position Expected Hours of Work: This is a Full-Time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. However, there may be some variability in the weekly schedule due to agency need. Occasional evenings and weekends. Staff is expected to be able to work in the office, remotely, or a hybrid of both, during regular business hours.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Conduct impactful outreach to establish meaningful collaborative relationships with other organizations, people with disabilities, and service providers that serve individuals with disabilities.
- Responsibilities for assigned outreach activities include: exhibit booths and attending events and meetings to build professional referral relationships, to include public speaking about the agency.
- Assess agency needs for volunteers and strategically recruit volunteers to fill the needs.
- Through Raiser’s Edge, maintain a volunteer base to assist with internal and external events.
- Conduct orientations regarding the mission and objectives of the program.
- Maintain accurate record keeping of volunteers and hours worked in database.
- Provide oversight for events.
- Develop and implement a system for volunteer recognition and support.
- Review program policies and procedures with supervisor to ensure all appropriate laws (including HIPAA) and regulations is being followed.
- Assist and help plan fundraising events hosted by the Fund Development and Marketing Department.
- Handle day-of event needs, logistics and troubleshoot problems in a timely manner.
- Act as a site contact for contractors related to events and activities happening at agency.
- Assist other departments with event planning and management.
- Comply with all insurance, legal, health, safety, accessibility, and organizational obligations.
- Follow up post-event with all participants and external partners involved for evaluations and thank you notes. This includes providing post-event reports.
- General clerical functions as assigned to include maintaining electronic files for the department, donor retention and stewardship mailings, Power point presentations, event set-up and tear down.
- Advertising related duties: Maintain existing Excel spreadsheets for tracking agency advertising and social media efforts; responsible for maintaining binder of all agency advertising; research various advertising opportunities as needed.
- Agency website: Upload event information and quarterly newsletter content to website platform, make miscellaneous copyedits to website as backup.
- Meeting preparations: Set up coffee, agenda printing, set meeting dates and schedule as requested.
- Pick up and order promotional items brochures, and signage as needed.
- Excellent communications skills; both verbal and written, with internal and external audiences. Capable of building relationships on the phone, email and face-to-face.
- Demonstrated professionalism in manner and appearance, dressing business casual when representing agency in outreach activities.
- Has a positive attitude, reliability, a self-starter yet a team player, is conscientious, hard working.
- High school diploma or equivalent training in clerical and office procedures.
- Must have proficiency in a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software.
- Ability to operate office data processing equipment and other office equipment.
- Ability and flexibility to multitask with competing deadlines along with professional judgment to maintain highly confidential information.
- Ability to understand and apply/utilize various federal, state and local funding source regulations and documents with regard to preparation of proposals and reporting requirements.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills with the ability to pay attention to details and strive for consistency.
- Experience with Event Planning and some Fund Development preferred.
- Experience with social media, eNewsletter platforms such as MailChimp preferred.