PRIMARY FUNCTION: Primary duties include analyzing, processing, and overseeing all payroll related functions as well as assisting and supporting other department duties as assigned.
Legend: E = Essential NE = Non Essential N/A = Not Applicable
- Provide back-up support and coverage for Finance and Accounting staff, as needed. E
- Provide employees guidance and support regarding payroll related questions. NE
- Compile, process, and maintain agency’s payroll including items such as benefit tracking, time off spreadsheets and reports. E
- Prepare, complete, distribute, and/or submit items by due dates (monthly closing, income recognition, receivables reconciliation, reserve schedules, period-end journal entries, reconciliation of general ledger accounts, period-end financial reports, financial period closings, cash flow reports, bank reconciliations, periodic and special financial reports, etc. E
- Assist with other F&A duties assigned such as collecting compliance and audit detail, preparing data and documents (account classifications, grant fund expenditures, purchase orders, payables, and receivables, etc.). E
- Ensure all work is accurate and follows all department and general accounting standards. E
- Attend meetings and professional development activities, as requested. E
- Establish and maintain good communication, collaboration, and cooperation with all vendors, co-workers, and clients. E
- Follow all duties of a mandated reporter. E
- Perform other related duties, as assigned. NE
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, reach, stoop, bend, and walk. Infrequent lifting may be encountered.
Work is generally performed in office setting. Minimal local travel.
REPORTS TO: Accounting Manager, or designee
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University school in Accounting, Finance, Business, or closely related field.
- Three (3) years of experience performing accounting duties.
- Experience in the use of a computerized payroll system (Paylocity highly desirable) and accounting tools; knowledge of Account Mate desirable.
- Neat orderly person with great organizational skills.
- Must be a “People Person” with a great disposition and outlook on life, who enjoys working with others, is upbeat and pleasant to work with and is a good listener.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours as needed.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills, written and verbal
- Must pass all background checks.
****La Causa, Inc. requires all individuals working to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19****
$52,567.00 to $61,028.66