Job/Position Title: Events Coordinator
Reports to: Corporate & Events Manager
Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt
The Events Coordinator will be accountable for the organization and expansion of various internal events and all external fundraising events.
- Manage and steward external fundraising events, including growth outreach strategies and prospect initiatives, to grow participation and opportunities. Gathering and approval of all licensing agreements – ensuring that all appropriate authorizations are met and managed. Manage post event follow up and acknowledgement of gifts for external events and follow a defined set of Standard Operating Procedures for the coordination and reporting of external events. Submit external event details for the Make-A-Wish’s Wisconsin event calendars and social media outlets. Create External Fundraiser budgets annually.
- Plan and execute Kids For Wish Kids® and Wishmakers® On Campus fundraising programs in Wisconsin schools. Research and develop growth outreach strategies and prospect initiatives to grow participation and opportunities. Manage post event follow up and acknowledgement of gifts and follow a defined set of Standard Operating Procedures for the coordination and reporting of both Kids For Wish Kids and Wishmakers On Campus. Assist with budgeting for both programs. Collaborate with regional offices. Create budgets annually. Manage youth Peer to Peer fundraising.
- Develop, manage, and plan Golf For Wishes, Grand Geneva, including logistics, wish family integration, tracking, work with communications team, securing and organizing committee members (updates/agendas/lists), mailings/database, and organizing staff members who support the events. Ensure representation from key sponsors (as donors, board, advisory, committee, wish families, and/or volunteers).
- Support Wish Night planning with Corporate & Events Manager and Development Coordinator.
- Create and manage Internal Event Budgets with Corporate & Events Manager to track event growth and changes year over year.
- Support Wish-A-Thon with wish alumni and interview management with the Development Coordinator.
- With oversight from the Corporate & Events Manager, support the chapter’s Young Wishmakers of Wisconsin (YWOW) chapter including event support and administration.
- Oversee all Peer-to-Peer fundraising campaigns.
- Oversee the hiring, training and management of the Special Events and Development Interns.
- Communicate with and support the Director of Volunteer Service as needed to ensure volunteer coverage for internal and external fundraising events, Kids For Wish Kids, Wishmakers On Campus and office projects.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- A commitment to and passion for the work of Make-A-Wish. Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree required. Previous non-profit volunteer experience desired, including work with children and families.
- 3+ years special events management and fundraising experience necessary.
- Must be computer literate (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel) and Sales Force experience desired.
- Self-motivated, creative problem-solving team player who is a detail-oriented professional with excellent writing, organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities with minimal supervision is essential.
- Public speaking experience required.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills. Ability to interact with diverse groups and work successfully in a collaborative, team-oriented organization is essential. Must have reliable transportation and be willing to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
To apply, please send you cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 10