The Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design (MIAD) seeks a full-time Coordinator of Tutoring Services to join our team, with the anticipated start date in July/August 2022. This position is responsible for coordinating the tutoring services and resources of MIAD’s Academic Success Center (ASC), equipping students with tools and strategies to enhance their learning. The Coordinator of Tutoring Services reports to the Associate Dean of Students.
Responsibilities included, but not limited to:
- Coordinate tutoring services.
- Hire, supervise, train, and evaluate performance of student peer tutors.
- Provide individualized tutoring to students.
- Provide individual research assistance.
- Design and lead research, writing, and skill-building workshops for specific classes/courses.
- Maintain accurate statistics and reports of tutoring support services; data regularly submitted for assessment and retention purposes.
- Compile tutoring data, design charts, and assist in writing reports for annual assessment.
- Manage the tutoring budget and assist in budget planning.
- Manage communications of tutoring services and resources, ASC Canvas, and social media.
- Assist with maintaining physical order throughout the Academic Success Center located within MIAD’s library.
- Serve as an academic advisor as assigned for a small cohort of first-year students.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Associate Dean of Students.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, in English, Composition, Writing or related Liberal Studies field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience tutoring college students in a writing or learning center.
- Understanding of the requirements of college-level writing and research.
- Solid working knowledge of excel and learning management systems; ex. Canvas.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and work collaboratively with faculty and staff.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Experience tutoring ESL/ELL students and students with disabilities.
- Knowledge of time management and motivation strategies.
Application Process and Deadline:
Qualified applicants should submit the following information in one (1) pdf document via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A letter of interest/cover letter
- A resume
- Three (3) professional reference names and contact information.
Initial review of candidates will occur after June 26, 2022 and will continue until the position has been filled.
MIAD offers an attractive benefits package, including health, vision, and dental insurance. HR discusses salary range with candidates of interest prior to an invitation to interview. All final candidates extended an offer must successfully complete reference and background checks.