We have an immediate opening for an administrative support professional to work directly with our CEO and Chief of Staff. If you are highly organized, with excellent attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills, this could be the role for you!
About the Organization
Through the development of community-wide financial support, planning and allocations, the mission of the Milwaukee Jewish Federation is to ensure the continuity of the Jewish people, to enhance the quality of Jewish life and to build a strong unified Jewish community in Milwaukee, in Israel and throughout the world. Learn more at htps://www.milwaukeejewish.org/.
The Executive Support Specialist will provide administrative support for the CEO, Chief of Staff and Board President. This role blends a high level of professionalism and customer service with superior administrative and organizational skills. The Executive Support Specialist will handle confidential and non-routine information on a regular basis and will be actively involved in creating a positive workplace culture and efficient processes.
Administrative Support for the CEO and Chief of Staff
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks; managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; screening calls and taking messages; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; completing expense reports; and compiling materials for meetings.
- In conjunction with the Chief of Staff, plans, coordinates, and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and
- Works closely and effectively to keep the CEO well informed and prepared for upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Assists with the composition and preparation of correspondence and presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Researches and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO. In conjunction with the Chief of Staff, determines and executes appropriate course of action, referral, or
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments, supporting credibility and trust with staff at all levels.
- Serves as the CEO’s administrative liaison to board of directors.
- Facilitates the smooth running of Board and Committee meetings, including preparation and distribution of materials and taking of minutes.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members.
- Supports compliance with governance rules and regulations set in bylaws.
- Assists the Chief of Staff in coordinating and preparing agendas for Leadership Team and All Staff meetings.
- Facilitates the smooth running of Leadership Team and All Staff meetings, including taking notes and following up where appropriate.
- Collaborates with organization’s administrative staff to develop and execute administrative support process improvements.
- Ensures that the CEO’s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the CEO and the organization in general.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and relevant experience
- Experience supporting senior leadership, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Familiarity with and respect for Jewish community and culture
- Expert user of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Zoom and other office productivity platforms; proficiency with Apple products a plus
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to comfortably interact with all types of personalities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Familiarity with non-profit board governance a plus
Hours and Benefits
This is a full-time position requiring a minimum of 38 hours per week. Typical office hours are Monday-Thursday, 8 am-5 pm, and Friday, 8 am-3 pm. This work is majority in-person, with remote option available 1-2 days per week. Occasional evening and weekend hours will be required.
This position is eligible for a minimum of 10 vacation days and 7 personal days annually. In addition, MJF observes 7 federal holidays as well as Jewish holidays that prohibit work, typically adding between 11 -17 additional paid days off annually depending on the Hebrew calendar. Other benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, employee assistance program, paid parental leave, health savings and flexible spending accounts, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, and 401K plan.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
This position operates in a professional office environment with pleasant working conditions, good lighting and ventilation and moderate noise level. This role frequently uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets. There will be frequent computer usage which will require arm and hand dexterity as well as all vision abilities to be successful. This is primarily a sedentary role, however occasional filing and transport of meeting materials will be required. will be required. This would require the ability to lift and/or move up to 15-20 pounds, usually waist high. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required to perform the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
The Milwaukee Jewish Federation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please send a cover letter, resume and contact information for professional references to HR@MilwaukeeJewish.org.