Maintains overall strategic and operational responsibility for Milwaukee Public Schools Foundation (MPSF) staff, programs, expansion and execution of its mission. Develops deep knowledge of the diverse Milwaukee Public School children and the organization’s core programs, operations and business plans.
Salary Range: $97,775 – 141,204
- Position requires and advanced degree
- 10 or more years of senior management experience with a track record of effectively leading an outcomes-based organization
- The ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Demonstrated capabilities and experience in cultivating donors (individuals, corporations, and foundations) for delivering high level six- and seven-figure donations.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships for organizational needs.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs with data-driven program evaluation and analysis.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial and adaptable with an innovative approach to business planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Must be passionate, idealistic, with integrity, a positive attitude, mission-driven and self-directed.
- Extensive experience with fundraising, communications, and systems with the ability to recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Ensures ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration.
- Actively engages and energizes MPSF volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations and funders.
- Develops, maintains and supports a strong Board of Directors. Serves as ex-officio of each committee; seeks and builds board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations as well as for the national rollout.
- Leads, coaches, develops and retains MPSF’s high-performance management team.
- Ensures effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluates program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders and other constituents.
- Leads by doing, the director must be able to personally roll up their sleeves to complete tasks described above.
- Expands local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion, while simultaneously retiring building debt.
- Deepens and refines all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Uses external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
- Designs the local, regional and national expansion and presence, and completes the strategic business planning process for the programmatic expansion into new markets.
- Begins to build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with the funders as well as political and community leaders at each expansion site.
- Serves as an external local and national presence that publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program as a model for regional and national replication.
Administrative applications for the following position are being accepted by the Office of Human Resources by 11:59 PM CST on Sunday, September 18, 2022. A current resume and three (3) letters of recommendation manually signed by the author and dated less than one (1) year old must be attached to the completed application (if you are unable to electronically attach these documents, you must notify human resources that you are sending hard copies which must be received on or before the deadline date listed above). Caution: When attaching documents to the application, be sure the documents are legible. If the documents cannot be read, your application may be disqualified from consideration. Appointment is subject to a criminal background check, a drug/alcohol test and credential verification. Non-MPS employees must submit official transcripts confirming Degrees. No applications will be accepted after the deadline date and time.
As of November 1, 2021, all MPS employees are required to be fully vaccinated. The health and safety of our staff and students is our number one priority. That’s why all offers of employment are contingent on the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (currently one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) to pass the pre-employment requirements. Individuals with medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an accommodation from the vaccine requirement.