GUEST CARE ASSOCIATE
Safe Harbor – Division for Men. The Milwaukee Rescue Mission’s programs for men range from meeting their short-term emergency needs, to providing longer term services that can help them break free from addictions, find and keep a job, build confidence and self-esteem and turn their lives around. All with a spiritual foundation.
We are looking to hire Christian men to fill full-time Guest Care Associate positions to work with the men in our emergency shelter and services. A Guest Care Associate provides guest care and physical security, as needed, for the Milwaukee Rescue Mission (MRM). This role is actively present in our Guest Ministries lobby and assists with directing guests to appropriate services or programs that meet their needs.
Hiring Range: $16.53 – $17.11 (+ shift differential if applicable) based on qualifications/experience
- First Shift: 6:00am-2:00pm
- Second Shift: 2:00pm-10:00pm
Location: Central Campus, 830 N 19th Street, Milwaukee, WI. 53233
- Interact with and build positive, life-transforming relationships with guests
- Help ensure guests understand and follow premise rules and regulations
- Perform all duties, as assigned by Shift Manager, related to personal care for guests
- Ensure all appropriate linens are in place and check that bathrooms are properly stocked and cleaned, notifying the Facilities department of any custodial concerns
- Work collaboratively with and support Guest Care Advocates, as needed
- Ensure clear, consistent and timely communication within Guest Ministries and across other MRM departments
- Help ensure the safety and security of the Mission, its people and its properties
- Ensure that the buildings are secure and that unauthorized personnel are prevented from accessing restricted areas
- If necessary, assist in removing any person engaged in suspicious, disruptive, or criminal acts
- Perform first aid and/or life saving measures if necessary
- Perform breathalyzer tests
- Request assistance from emergency personnel for high risk situations
- Help identify and report any security or maintenance concerns
- Christian man with a servant’s heart who is able to relate well with others in a diverse population
- High school diploma or equivalent GED required
- Previous experience in social work, security or other related fields preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communication, and mentoring skills
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet all specified deadlines
- Detail orientated with excellent organization and follow through skills
- Ability to deal with difficult situations. Strong conflict resolution skills with the ability to defuse potentially volatile situations with patience and tact.
- Ability to case note clearly and according to best practices
- Computer literacy and the ability to navigate industry software
- Ability to handle physical workload and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Reliability, dependability, and punctuality are expected
- Be in agreement with and subscribe to the MRM Statement of Faith and the MRM Statement of Biblical Convictions
- Be a committed follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, which is evident in personal testimony and Christian conduct
- Pass a pre-employment background check and drug test
EXCELLENT BENEFIT PACKAGE:
- Hiring range $16.53 – $17.11 (+shift differential if applicable) based on experience/qualifications
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts with employer match
- Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with generous employer contribution
- Paid holidays and generous PTO
- Health Club reimbursement
- Free onsite parking
- Free meal available during shift
- Business Casual/Casual dress
Click here to apply directly on our website.
The Milwaukee Rescue Mission is a 501 (c)3, charitable, non-profit church, Christian organization. Milwaukee Rescue Mission has an organizational religious exemption from the prohibitions contained in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, concerning religious discrimination in employment. We further reserve the right to discriminate or designate certain positions when a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Subject to the Constitution of the United States and all applicable state and federal laws, Milwaukee Rescue Mission does not discriminate in the administration and dissemination of its programs and services.