The Northwest Side Community Development Corporation (NWSCDC) seeks to fill the position of Executive Assistant. The successful candidate will manage the calendar and special projects of the Executive Director, assist the Operations Manager with Database/Client Relations Management, provide operational support to programming conducted by the Community Organizers, and serve as the point of contact for phone, email, and walk-in intake.
The ideal candidate will possess existing skills in administrative support with previous knowledge of managing the calendar and project load of an organization executive. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and has potential start date of October 17th
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and prepare the Executive Director’s calendar. This involves being the point of contact for scheduling with external clients and partners as well as facilitating communications between staff and the Executive Director on internal matters.
- Assist with special projects. The Executive Assistant will help track and execute the Executive Director’s portfolio of special projects. This could include helping with grants, drafting narrative proposals for funders or board committees, helping track the progress of catalytic development projects, etc.
- Provide operational support to Community Organizers and the Planning & Community Development Manager. Especially during the summer, NWSCDC staff coordinate and execute a number of events to benefit community members. The Executive Assistant will often serve as the Executive Director’s emissary to brainstorming and planning meetings and provide support on the execution of the events to the extent they are available.
- Serve as the organization’s primary point of contact. The Executive Assistant will manage the communications sent to the email@example.com address and will staff the general phone line that outside entities call to inquire about services and partnerships. The Executive Assistant will be responsible for responding to those communications in a timely manner as well as triaging requests to the appropriate staff members. This individual will also answer the door when appointments and walk-ins arrive.
- Support the CRM work of the Operations Manager. NWSCDC utilizes Salesforce to manage all data collected from community events. The Executive Assistant will assist the Operations Manager in the development of improved systems within that software as well as entering intake data into the system.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help plan staff outings and retreats periodically.
- Manage the conference room schedule to insure that the rooms do not get double booked.
- Report out the activities of the Executive Director to the Marketing Manager for newsletter content.
- Provide strategic vision and support to the Executive Director.
Required Qualifications: Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials
- High School education required; Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of professional experience preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Technology literacy. The ability to learn and utilize software that the individual may not have used before.
- Organizational skills.
- Previous experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Proficiency in speaking Spanish is a plus.
- This job is in-person 40 hours per week.
This position is full-time with competitive salary and fringe benefits.
Email cover letter, resume and references to Antoinette Nelson -Office Administrator at Northwest Side CDC: firstname.lastname@example.org or send written resume and cover letter to Antoinette Nelson, Northwest Side CDC, 4201 North 27th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53216. Position start date to be determined. No phone calls please.