Inspired by the gospel of Jesus and the example of Francis of Assisi, the Capuchin friars of the Province of St. Joseph, together with our partners in ministry, prayerfully build sister-brotherhood in the world. We attend simply and directly to the spiritual and other basic human needs, especially those of the poor and disenfranchised, promoting justice for all.
The Security/Site Host is responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the House of Peace and St. Ben’s Community Meal and to maintain a safe and hospitable environment for guests, volunteers and employees.
- Demonstrate, exemplify and support the Capuchin Charism and Provincial Mission Vision and Values throughout all professional responsibilities and activities
- Greet guests and guide them to appropriate service
- Ensure that all guests demonstrate appropriate behavior.
- Ask guests who are demonstrating inappropriate behavior to leave the building and to assist other Site Hosts with guests who refuse to leave.
- General cleaning and maintenance of buildings including set-up and breakdown of site operations
- Identify safety and security issues and suggest possible solutions or alternatives.
- Work with staff to ensure all positions are covered
- Help with moving donations of food and clothing to appropriate storage and distribution areas
- Comply with provincial and ministry policies, procedures, guidelines and standards.
Qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalent, ability to work a flexible schedule, effective problem solving, interpersonal and verbal communication skills, demonstrated ability to work with the public, ability to work outside in all types of weather
Interested candidates can apply in any of the follow 3 ways:
1. Pick up an application at the House of Peace, 1702 W. Walnut St., Milwaukee OR
Submit letter of interest and resume to:
2. email@example.com Include Site Host in the subject line.
3. Attention: Human Resources
Re: Security/Site Host
The Province of St. Joseph of the Capuchin Order
Detroit, MI 48215