Schlitz Audubon Nature Center conserves our land’s diverse habitats on Lake Michigan and provides meaningful experiences and environmental education for all. Located nine miles north of downtown Milwaukee on the shore of Lake Michigan, the Center offers six miles of trails that take visitors through 185 unique acres of forests, wetlands, restored prairies, ravines, bluffs, and a shoreline beach. Annually, Schlitz Audubon serves over 145,000 visitors and nearly 27,000 children who participate in our nature science programs. Over 140 preschoolers are enrolled throughout the school year in our nationally-recognized preschool. In addition, thousands of adults and families attend our educational programs year-round. The Center building received the first Gold LEED certification award in the State of Wisconsin. Schlitz Audubon is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Event Assistant creates a warm and inviting atmosphere for the wedding party and their guests. He/she greets and directs the wedding party upon arrival and provides assistance throughout the event. The Event Assistant coordinates with caterers and event crew to ensure the highest quality of customer service. The Event Assistant works a flexible weekend schedule to accommodate the seasonal wedding calendar and reports to the Rental Manager.
- Ensures that all wedding clients are extremely satisfied throughout their party
- Exceeds guest expectations by proactively anticipating their needs
- Coordinates set-up or take-down of rental equipment
- Provides safety and security for building and grounds
- Collaborates with event caterers, outside vendors, and Schlitz Audubon’s facility staff to ensure the event runs smoothly
- Point person for deliveries from rental companies, caterers, and vendors
- Monitors cleanliness of the venue including restrooms
- Must be available throughout the evening for questions, AV troubleshooting, and to address unforeseen issues for a successful wedding and reception
- Oversee coordination and execution of events
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- 1-2 years experience as an Event Assistant or similar position in customer service
- Must possess a friendly, confident, and helpful attitude
- Demonstrated quality customer service skills and problem-solving skills
- Solid work ethic and ability to work a flexible weekend schedule
- High School Diploma
This is a part-time, seasonal (May-December), non-exempt position. Work hours are part-time and typically assigned to Fridays 4:30 pm – 1:00 am, Sundays 4:30 pm – 12:00 am and occasional Saturdays. Work hours are scheduled in two to three-month increments. Work hours are very occasional January-April.
Send a cover letter and resume to Jessica Buehler at firstname.lastname@example.org with Event Assistant in the subject line.