*Salary is commensurate with experience*
Job Purpose: The program assistant supports the department’s activities/projects, and provides administrative support to the program staff in the facilitation of the Senior Companion and Foster Grandparent Program.
- Review and compute timesheets for stipend payments for both SCP and FGP which includes data entry into Raiser’s Edge;
- Compile activity sheets through data entry in database
- Provide referrals from clients seeking a SCP Volunteer and track referrals for program
- Provide program staff with support (file maintenance, answer phone, take messages, filing, process mailings, order supplies)
- Assist at volunteer meetings (take attendance, collect timesheets, distribute handouts)
- Perform data entry and maintain CAP60 database of clients served through Senior Services programs
- Compose meeting minutes
- Ensure adequate supplies for all Senior Services program outreach;
- Assist with the preparation of site visits for FGP and SCP
- Assist with planning and coordination of special events
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working with diverse culture and older adult population.
- Excellent Communication/Customer Service skills. (Ability to multi-task as well as provide good customer service)
- Office Duties/Computer Literate. (File maintenance, answering phones, data entry)
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills with emphasis on databases and spreadsheets
- Basic Math with ability to add, multiply, subtract, divide, and identify units of measure
- 40 wpm or better, drafting meeting minutes
- Excellent attention to detail
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least two years of administrative office experience: faxing, filing, and organizational skills
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The incumbent will regularly sit, and will frequently talk and listen and use hands to handle or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. During the performance of his/her duties, the incumbent will regularly lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee works regularly in an office environment where the noise level is moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this position. They are not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply, please visit our listing of job opportunities. We hope to hear from you soon!