**$1,000 bonus available to new hires ($500 after 3 months of service and $500 after certified) !
GENERAL SUMMARY: To maintain the integrity of the Wraparound process and ensure quality community-based care to the children and families of Wraparound Milwaukee, Care Coordinators assess, monitor and implement strength based service plans for child(ren) involved in the juvenile justice or child welfare system while creating the least restrictive living arrangements for these youth.
- Adheres to St. Charles Youth & Family Services Policies and Procedures.
- Develop child and family teams.
- Advocates for services for the child & family.
- Assess needs of children and families by carrying a case load of 12 families minimum.
- Secure placement for children as needed utilizing the strength based philosophy of the program.
- Represent child’s best interest in court, school, and community.
- Identify and utilize local community resources for client families and children, coordinate with intra-agency and inter-agency resources the delivery of services and treatment planning.
- Provide written documentation to include progress notes, the completion of formal written treatment summaries, recommendations, treatment plans, contracts and other required reports.
- Concepts and practice of teams and teamwork; with the ability to develop the team process and task completion.
- Represent agency professionally at court, school, medical and other community resources.
- Supports the goals of the agency and program mission/vision.
- Prepare all documentation according to time frames.
- Adheres to Wraparound Milwaukee’s policy & Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology or relevant area of education and minimum of one year of continued experience providing mental health services.
- Knowledge base of adolescent and family issues and dynamics.
- Knowledge of the Wisconsin Children’s Code and juvenile justice systems.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal statutes and regulations, guidelines, practices and policies relevant to or specifically applicable to their specific role and the operation of youth programs, out of home placement of children, abuse and neglect reporting procedures and requirements, termination of parental rights and children in need of protective services and the educational system.
- Knowledge of Milwaukee County (Behavioral Health Division, Children’s Court, Milwaukee Public Schools, and Milwaukee community based youth serving agencies.)
- Knowledge of human growth and development theories.
- Ability to conduct and coordinate individual, family and group therapy sessions utilizing home, community and institution based resources; and techniques, strategies and interventions for delivery of home based family services.
- Ability to prepare formal reports.
- Ability to display cultural competence by responding respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, languages, classes, races, ethnic backgrounds, religions and other diversity factors in a manner that recognizes, affirms and values the worth of individuals, families and communities and protects and preserves the dignity of each.
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license and personal liability insurance.
- Ability to accurately perform record keeping and documentation entries.
- Ability to use personal and agency vehicles for work related duties according to the agency’s insurance liability standard
How to Apply:
Please go to our website:
St. Charles Youth & Family Services