Title: Board Member
Term: 3 Years
Reports to: Board Chair
General Responsibilities with other Board Members:
- Exercise fiduciary duty of care, giving full consideration of impact of decisions upon the health of the organization.
- Exercise fiduciary duty of loyalty by putting the interests of the organizations ahead of self-interests.
- Determine the overall governance (control and decision making authority) of agency by developing and monitoring policies and programs and supporting development and effectiveness of Board of Directors.
- Establish strategic purpose and direction for agency; participate in regular strategic planning and monitors performance toward plan’s results.
- Hire, fire, and supervise Chief Executive(s) and monitoring performance toward Chief Executive(s)’s general responsibilities and yearly objectives.
- Participate in all aspects of fundraising, including making donations, and planning and participation in activities to secure necessary resources to support operations, programs and services.
- Serve as ambassador for agency by representing agency and its programs and services to stakeholders, including community, funders and clients.
- Ensure financial health of agency by following generally accepted accounting principles. This includes maintaining up-to-date fiscal policies and procedures and ongoing review and analysis of financial reports.
- Ensure effective performance of agency’s programs through ongoing program planning and evaluation, and making recommendations for adjustments as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and agency policies and procedures by filing appropriate annual reports and related documents.
Send letter of interest along with a current resume to Gail Peterson, Business Services Administrator.
*A copy of the full position description is available upon request.