Updated: February 7, 2020
Steps we take to protect your privacy:
- We take precautions to prevent unauthorized access to or misuse of data about you.
- We do not run ads on our website or our services.
- We do not share your data with third parties for their marketing purposes.
- We do not employ tracking devices for third parties for their marketing purposes.
- We do not engage in link-referral programs.
- We encourage reviewing the privacy policies of any third-party sites linked to or from Jobs That Help.
Data we use for our services and/or prevent fraud or abuse:
- Data you submit to or send via Jobs That Help, and/or send us directly or via other sites.
- Credit card data, which is transmitted to payment processors via a security protocol (e.g. SSL).
- Data you submit or provide (e.g. information to create an account, such as name, e-mail, phone, etc., or to post a job or resume).
- Web log data (e.g. web pages viewed, access times, IP address, HTTP headers).
- Data collected via cookies (e.g. aggregate demographics data via Google Analytics, which can be opted-out of, here).
- Data about your device(s) (e.g. screen size).
- Data from third parties (e.g. phone type, geo-location via IP address).
Data we store:
- We retain data as needed for our services and/or as required by law.
- We make good faith efforts to store data securely, but can make no guarantees.
- You may access and update certain data about you through your account dashboard or by contacting Jobs That Help at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Circumstances in which we may disclose user data:
- To vendors and service providers working on our behalf.
- With your consent (e.g. if you authorize us to share data).
- In aggregate or summary form, where it cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- To respond to subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, or other legal process.
- To protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of users of Jobs That Help or the general public.