Job Purpose and Reporting Structure:
The Health Care Coordinator (Bilingual) has the primary responsibility for the accurate completion of all intake, assessment, scheduling, and follow up procedures related to both community and on-site health care appointments as applies to the health needs of individuals whose primary language is Spanish.
- Provide verbal translation for all HCN patients whose primary language is Spanish both on-site and within the offices of community HCN providers.
- Provide translation of all written material of the agency, including forms, brochure, contract, etc.
- Answer incoming telephone calls. Receive clients/patients.
- Provide appropriate information and referral to clients eligible for services outside HCN.
- Screen and obtain necessary information to determine client eligibility.
- Assess health care need of clients to ensure referral to appropriate provider.
- Set up client/patient files, enter notes or make corrections according to approved medical record documentation methods; reviews records for accuracy and completeness.
- Arrange for all diagnostic/follow-up procedures as directed by the physician. Instruct client regarding proper preparation for tests.
- Assist in maintaining inventory of HCN supplies.
- Complete all paperwork/stats for confirmed appointments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to accurately provide verbal and written Spanish translation.
- Ability to communicate effectively and relate to individuals from various economic, social, and cultural backgrounds. Ability to provide courtesy under pressure.
- Excellent organizations skills with attention to detail.
- Familiarity with medical terminology including diagnoses, lab tests, drugs prescribed, diagnostic procedures, and abbreviation.
- Working knowledge of community health care resources.
Starting salary of $13.00 – $14.00/hour. Excellent benefits package includes health, dental, and vision insurance for full-time employment. Opportunity to join a caring and committed team of professionals.